Workforce training and service needs for Clarke and surrounding counties are provided by the Career Resource Center at Jones County Junior College (JCJC). Whether a person has just graduated from college or has been in the workforce for many years, odds are his career and his life could be enhanced by continuing education in one form or another. The Career Resource Center at JCJC serves as the beginning point for many individuals to fulfill this need.
The Career Resource Center serves all industries that must expand their professional employees’ capabilities. From Command Spanish to QS 9000, from Pre-employment Training to Computer Networking, the Career Resource Center provides a wide variety of low- or no-cost training solutions for current, expanding, or new industries. These training solutions are customized to fit your organization’s specific goals and objectives. Our top priority is to make workforce training timely and relevant.
For more information regarding how JCJC can meet your specific workforce training needs, call the Career Resource Center at (601) 477-4114 and ask to speak to a Workforce Development Specialist. We’re anxious to help your workforce grow!
The Career Resource Center at JCJC offers a variety of training solutions specifically designed to meet your company’s individual needs. Among the categories of training programs are the following:
- Pre-employment training – We can assist your HR manager with a screening program to help find employees who are work-oriented, knowledgeable, and skilled.
- Upgrade training – Workplace skills are rapidly changing. Our skills upgrade solutions can expand an employee’s knowledge of the latest processes, techniques, and innovations, developing the skills needed to better contribute towards organizational objectives.
- Supervisory and leadership training – As your organization grows, so does the need for skilled supervisors and leaders. Through our partnership with AchieveGlobal®, we are able to provide globally-recognized learning-based solutions, which focus on skills training, sales performance, customer service, and leadership.
Here is a list of just some of the Workforce Training Solutions provided by the JCJC Career Resource Center:
- Computer Training for Certification
- Certified Novell Administrator
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer
- Oracle Certified Professional
- A+ and C++
- MOUS Training and Testing
- Fiber Optics
- Cisco Certified Home Technology Integrater (HTI)
- GPS and GIS Training
- Forestry Technology
- Ammonia Refrigeration Technology
- LEAN® Manufacturing Processes
- QS 9000, Quality Assurance, Quality Satisfaction
- Return on Investment (ROI) Certification
- Computer Applications
- Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, OS, Windows, etc…)
- Computer Networking
- Web Design
- IP Addressing
- PC Repair
- AchieveGlobal® Training Packages
- ServSafe® Food Safety Certification
- Career Testing, Assessment, and Placement
- Workplace Basic Skills
- Adult Basic Skills / GED
- Supervisory and Leadership Training
- Team Building
- OSHA Safety Training
- CPR and First Aid (First Responder)
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Command® Spanish
- Customer Service
- NxLevel® Entrepreneurship Training
- Metal Trades Training
- Motivational Workshops
- Decision-Making and Problem Solving
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Instructional Support
- Training Facilities and Equipment
- Specialized training programs tailored to meet individual business or industry’s unique requirements